Monday 24 April 2017

Feeling the Feels

Circle patterns stamps by Dina Wakley
Marks stamps by Natalie Kalbach
Corncob stencil Kasia Avery for Crafters Workshop

I call this page 'feeling the feels'. It started out quite calm, and quite pretty, and then as I worked on it I really 'felt' it. These are my favourite kind of journal pages - the ones where I lose myself in the process, stop worrying about the outcome, and just feel it.

I used some lovely new stamps by Dina Wakley, I am loving the Circle Patterns. What is not to love about circles? When stamped in red these ones have a touch of Mini Mouse about them ;-) I also used her new Scribble Sticks, and as you can see I did a lot of (therapeutic) scribbling.


Here are a few of the steps along the way so you can see how it became more and more ...er ... what's the word? Chaotic?!




So, I taught this page at Art from the Heart yesterday as part of my regular art journaling classes there. I feel very lucky indeed to live near to a fabulous bricks and mortar shop, with a teaching studio. You can check it out, including a link to lots of lovely workshops *here* My 'regular' art journaling class has been running for about 3 years now. I think, although I do lose track of time! And it is an amazing group of very creative people (and messy too!)

Here's the second page we made in the afternoon, with a completely different technique. We used a brayer for this one:

Sketched Layered Fronds by Dina Wakley


It started out like this:


And lots of layers later it looked like this!


And here are my pages side-by-side in my square, black, Dylusions journal:


So, how did the regular art journalers do? Fabulously! They made some really gorgeous art journal pages ... look!




Byee for now. I'm off to get ready and prep for my next art journal class!

9 comments:

  1. What FABULOUSLY FUN pages and just the perfect lesson Kate. Love your sentiment..."feeling the feels". It's such a great message for an art class because you are so right - we forget just to go with it - enjoy it - let it be what it is. I love your pages - so free and bright and intriguing. I would have loved to be in your class!!! I know it was AWESOME! Xj.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love seeing the way the pages developed Kate. Wonderful, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning!!!! Love, love, love!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Gorgeous work. I love the use of pink in a less traditional way. Your work is so vibrant and energetic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Pink is my favourite colour. Can you tell?!

      Delete
  5. Hi Kate, Question...do you gesso the black journal pages first? I've had the black journal for a while now, but I find it a bit intimidating. This inspires me to give it a go.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're art makes me feel happy inside. Thank you for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment!